Projects & Press
A selection of personal projects that have received coverage in books, exhibitions or magazines.
Exploring the effects of social media and filters on young women’s self-image.
Featured in PhotoVOGUE, Digital Photographer magazine, Digital Camera World, Bored Panda, and more.
Faces of Shoreditch
Portraits and stories from Shoreditch, from those who have been there all their lives, to those who are just popping in for the day.
Press & Exhibitions
- ‘Barbara Asboth explores the effect of social media on women’s self-image’, Digital Photographer magazine, issue 261
- ‘I’m a portrait photographer exploring the difference between selfies, filters and reality’, Digital Camera World, 2023
- To Explore The Effects Of Social Media And Filters On Young Women, I Asked 12 Brave Females To Take A Selfie And Then Photographed Them With A Professional Camera, (edited by website), Bored Panda, 2023
- Faces of Shoreditch, Amberley Publishing, 2017
- ‘New book documents the diversity of faces in Shoreditch’, Hackney Gazette, 2017
- ‘Powerful photographs document East Londoners’, East London Lines, 2017
- 209 Women , Portrait of Victoria Prentis, MP for Banbury, Bluecoat Press, 2019
- Exhibited at the Houses of Parliament, London, 2018
- Exhibited at Open Eye Gallery, Liverpool, 2019
- Atlas of Humanity, various portraits, 2017-2020
- Exhibited at Galerie Joseph Le Marais, Paris, 2019
- Exhibited at The Photography Show, Birmingham, 2019
- Exhibited at Photokina, Cologne, 2018
- Exhibited at PhotoPlus Expo, New York, 2018
- 100 Strangers, 2013-2015
- Case study featured in The Candid Portrait by Andrew S. Gibson